Khamis, 20 Oktober 2011

Sajakiri Band

My first time ever jamming when I was 14 years old. I still remember the date : 30th April 1993, on Friday. Together with Jaja, Mam & Ijol, we jammed at Black Widow on the basement of AsiaJaya, currently known as Armada Hotel in PJ, just back of our school Bukit Bintang Boys Secondary School. 

Now, 18 years later, the urge is still strong. I thought at the age of 32, and 'post-married', my 'jamming spirit' would gone, but it is still intact though.

For me, jamming is a part of creative process, not just practice per se. I love to play new riiffs, or different solo on the same song, and sometime 'unintentionally' writing a new melody. It was fun, and challenging at the same time. The bad thing was I totally forgot the new idea, unless it was recorded.

Sajakiri Band

Sajakiri is my pet music project, and I would like to have a live band for it. I want the band to active performing for shows, competition, or even promotion. For that purposes, though I love jamming so much, I would like to have a 'satellite band'.

What is satellite band?

Satellite band is a term I created, meaning "I am the heart & soul (composer) of the band, but Im not playing live in the band". I would like to focus my role as a 'coach' of the band. Im still the principal songwriter and a part of the band, but for the live show, I would not involve. That means I gotta find another guitarist to replace me. I would still attend the jamming session to guide them, and managing their show & recording schedule, but I don't have to be 24-7 with the band.

I am not 'physical' part of the band, but the 'soul' part of the band.


Tiada ulasan: