Jumaat, 21 Oktober 2011

Foundation : Ying & Yang

Both Mathematics and Music are the Ying & Yang for me. Both are equally important. I love both. It keep my life balanced, and sane. Because of tutoring math, I got money to produce music. It's symbiotic and harmony. One couldn't exist without the other. Deepak Chopra said it beautifully : 

 Both mathematics & music are the language of the universe expressing truth ,harmony & beauty.


Between the two, the foundation or 'ground' is obviously Mathematics. It's stable and predictable. I've been tutoring for nearly 6 years, and the demand for it consistent throughout the years. Now I want to open my own tuition center, and prepare my own modul. Initially I love solving math, but my passion for teaching grew over time. That's why I don't think I will ever quit teaching as time goes. I even have a dream to build my own 'private school'. Insyallah  and Amin.

As  for music, it's more volatile, unstable and unpredictable. The uncertainty of the music industry, and the 'small Malaysia market' does not help. But don't get me wrong; I still love producing music, and had a bold vision of going big; to make Sajakiri brand as a household name in Asia. Music is more than hobby. I still want to jam once a week, and produce new material once a month. It just matter of priority.

Can I achieve excellence in both field simultaneously? I know it ain't easy, but that is exactly the direction I want to go. Actually, it is more natural (for me) to do both simultaneously, than just one of it independently. Both are essence of me - I remember when I was in Form , I was (famously?) known as a math geek (I always got highest marks in Add Math), and a guitar enthusiast (one of the rare musician), both at the same time.




Tiada ulasan: