Isnin, 8 Ogos 2011

A letter to Patrick

Hi Patrick, I have listen over, and over again your arrangement on Pelangi. Like I've mentioned before, I love surprise! A new perspective on my composition. U did really well indeed. Now Pelangi is 'fresh' again! I really appreciate ur effort alot.
From a producer perspective, the new version is more like an 'alternate version', rather than 'original version'. Of course, I am 'too used' with the original version, and always prefer it. Since the project is to make finalised version of it, so we must reach the same conclusion here.
The main different :-
  • The tempo: I am revert back ur 85 bpm to original 77.5 bpm
  • The groove : I believe the groove is important element of the song. The ori is more flow than the new one. The song need a consistent flow and build-up from there, rather than 'different style in each part'. That explain why " U heard a few part are missing like Verse 2 (After 1st chorus) and the tone-down at the beginning of last chorus. ". In fact, I prefer a full snare drum at start 0.36 of the song. What do u think?
  • The chords : For me, chords value are as important as melody. For eg : what U did on verse : Bm-A-G-F#, and I m prefer like ori as Bm-A-(F#m)-G-(Em)-F#. Same thing goes with pre-chorus & chorus.
  • The guitar intro part; I admit it is unnecessary, but again I am so used to play it. Same thing goes with solo part, i was shorten. I think its cool in a way. But how bout U include the intro anyway? i really miss it!
  • I love the heavy riff after the solo! the 2nd pre-chorus. I really blows my mind. I think the chorus after that part need a continiunity from the pre-chorus. Probabaly a guitar, or string, i donno.
Listen & read my comment here. http://soundcloud.com/sajakiri/pelangi-2-0
Thank U so much Pat.
p/s : Sorry for this 'lengthy letter'. Part of the purpose is 'for Sajakiri blog posting' so 'Fans' can check-out the 'Work-In-Progress. Hope U don't mind!

Tiada ulasan: